Monday, October 15, 2012

Coconut Cilantro Avocado Lime Dressing


This is another amazing processed free recipe based on my favorite author, Dee McCaffrey.  I'm telling you, check out her books, they are great or her website processedfreeamerica.org!  One of my favorite restaurants is Cafe Rio, kind of like Costa Vita.  My husband would probably eat there everyday if we could afford it and I would let him.  They have this outstanding dressing that puts all those refreshing Mexican flavors together in a creamy, delicious sauce.  But, I shudder to ever find out the nutritional information or the processed ingredients that were used.  So, when the basis for this similar recipe came along, I couldn't wait to try it.  I tweaked it a little to my own tastes, but this has the same feel as my restaurant favorite, and the best part, it's processed free. 

1 can coconut milk
3 ripe avocados
juice from 1 lime
1 cup chopped cilantro
4 cloves of garlic
1/2 tsp. salt
2 Tbsp. pepitas (toasted if you can)

Throw all these ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.  If it is too thick, just add a little water and blend again.  Store in an air tight container for 3 or 4 days.

This is great on salad, but it's also great on chicken, black bean burgers, tortillas, quesadillas, tacos... the possibilities are endless. 

No comments:

Post a Comment