Monday, March 4, 2013

Basil Lemon Green Beans with Toasted Pine Nuts

 
Do you want a veggie on your table that you just can't get enough of?  Then this is the recipe for you.  Whenever I make these green beans, I notice that almost everyone goes back for seconds and I always seem to go back for thirds.  Not only is this processed free, but I start to crave these - they are that good.  In fact, I pretty much don't want green beans any other way.  This recipe is fast, delicious, and healthy!  I originally found this recipe here and only made a couple changes.  Yum!

10 oz. fresh green beans
3 Tbsp. pine nuts
3 Tbsp. olive oil
1 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh basil
1 clove of garlic, minced
1/2 tsp. salt

Don't worry too much about getting the exact weight on the green beans, I typically have a little more than what the recipe calls for and it always turns out great.  Cook the green beans in rapidly boiling water for 6 minutes.  While they are cooking, combine the oil, lemon juice, basil, garlic, and salt in a small container with a lid and shake to incorporate and set aside.  Place the pine nuts in a small pan over medium-low heat and toast them for about 2 minutes.  Set these aside as well.  Once the green beans are done, drain them into a colander then rinse them with cold water to stop the cooking process and lock in the color.  Put them in a bowl, pour over you basil mixture and pine nuts and toss.  I think you're going to be surprised at how tasty these are. 

No comments:

Post a Comment