Thursday, March 7, 2013

Green Machine Smoothie


This is a drink that I use for convenience when I don't have the time or ingredients to make a green smoothie.  What's great is that you can buy it in most grocery stores, although I get mine at Costco because it's bigger and costs less, and it's wonderful because it has no added sugar.  You can't say that for a lot of juices on the market.  Plus, if you read the ingredients, this is all you'll find: apples, bananas, kiwis,  mangoes, pineapple spirulina, chlorella, broccoli, spinach, blue green algae, odorless garlic, barley grass, wheat grass, ginger, and parsley.  I'm sure it's mostly fruit and a real "green" smoothie has mostly greens with some fruit, but it's way better than most alternatives.

You might be wondering how it tastes since it is green.  It tastes great!  When I drink it, I can pick out the pineapple most of all.  My kids don't love the color, so I started giving them this in a cup that has a lid and a hole to insert a straw.  If they can't see it, they absolutely devour it.  In fact, my two year old will ask for more and more refills unless I limit it to just one.  Give it a try.  You might be surprised at how good it is.

2 comments:

  1. Naked is owned by PepsiCo, who donated millions of dollars alongside Coke to help defeat Proposition 37, the gmo labeling act. Naked was also sued for knowingly using gmos in a "gmo free food". While they do taste delicious, I quit drinking them once I found this out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa! Thanks for telling me. We try to eat little to no GMO foods. I don't like how shady that seems they have been!

    ReplyDelete