Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Cocoa Nibs as Sprinkles


I have a new favorite "sprinkle" topping for chocolate or ice cream desserts - unsweetened cocoa nibs!  I recently had this at a natural foods restaurant and fell in love with them.  They look great and add an amazing crunch for texture. 


I found mine in the health food store in the bulk section.  They have a chocolate undertone with kind of a nut like quality.  Keep in mind that they are not sweet, but they go very well with a sweet dessert.  I'm showing them in these pictures with my clean vanilla ice cream (recipe here) and my chocolate chunk walnut zucchini muffins (recipe here.)  Let me just say, this was awesome!  And I didn't feel guilty about anything on my plate.  Looks really elegant, right?  Try these, I think you'll like them too.


No comments:

Post a Comment