Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Yummy Whole Wheat Pancakes


My kids love to make pancakes on the weekends with their dad.  This was a tradition in his house growing up and something we had to continue with our children.  We used to buy just boxed pancake mixes, partly because they were easy and convenient and partly because this is how my husband cooks.  So, I wanted to give him something that was still as easy as a box mix, but much healthier!  At first, I tried to find a store bought version that was processed free and when that failed, I started making my own mix.  I keep it in the freezer so we always have it on hand.  Here is how to use it to make yummy, healthy breakfast.  Let the weekend pancakes begin!

2 cups whole wheat baking mix (found here)
1 cup milk
2 eggs

Mix everything together and make the pancakes as usual.  These taste amazing and are great to freeze for quick pancakes any morning.  Top with real maple syrup, berries with homemade whipped cream, etc.  Easy, delicious, and processed free!

No comments:

Post a Comment