Saturday, January 11, 2014

Strawberry Milk

 
My daughter has been talking about Valentine's Day ever since Christmas ended.  I like to stay ahead of the game and think up clean recipes and treats so the kids can still celebrate the upcoming fun, but not have all the sugar and processed junk that could be involved.  Here is our version of strawberry milk made processed free!  My kids love this and I don't feel guilty about this drink at all.  Plus, it's great that it's pink - perfect for Valentine's Day!
 
1/2 cup freeze dried strawberries
1 cup milk (use almond milk if you don't consume dairy)
10-15 drops liquid stevia (or to taste)
1/4 tsp. pure vanilla extract
 
Pour all the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.  You can pour it through a fine strainer to remove any little strawberry seeds if you want.  My kids didn't mind the seeds, but I did.  This makes one serving, but's its just as easy to double or triple the recipe.  Let the pink foods begin!
 




No comments:

Post a Comment