Saturday, August 3, 2019

Gyro Lettuce Wraps



I love gyros!  I first had one when I was young and we lived in Europe.  Everyone pronounced the sandwich differently, but I quickly decided that it was delicious - no matter how you said it's name. My husband and I have been cutting out some carbs, but I really wanted a gyro.  So instead of saying, we can't eat that, I decided we could still enjoy all those fantastic flavors without the bread.  And these did not disappoint!  In fact, I didn't miss the bread - and I love bread. These were also ridiculously fast to make.  I think I had dinner on the table in less than 10 minutes!

gyro meat
butter, Boston or bib lettuce
chopped tomatoes/cherry tomatoes
sliced cucumber
thinly slice red onions
Tzatziki sauce (homemade or a clean store bought option)

Warm the gyro meat and assemble the lettuce wraps by layering the meat, tomatoes, cucumber and onions into a lettuce cup.  Drizzle the sauce over top and enjoy!

(The picture doesn't show it with onions because my husband doesn't like them, but they are a good addition.)

No comments:

Post a Comment