Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Coconut Flour Brownies

  
 
 So, I've been experimenting more with coconut flour.  The results have been mixed.  Some recipes I like, and some I don't.  This recipe for coconut flour brownies, is one that I do like.  I don't remember where I got the original recipe, but I didn't have to change much seeing as it was already a mostly processed free mixture.  You can taste the undertones of coconut in this, so if you like that flavor, you will love these brownies!
 
1 cup + 2 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp. coconut oil (melted)
3/4 cup honey or pure maple syrup
3 eggs
1/4 cup coconut flour
1/4 tsp. sea salt
1 tsp. vanilla
 
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  Grease an 8 X 8 inch baking dish with coconut oil.  Mix all the ingredients in a bowl until they are smooth.  Spread the batter all over the baking dish.  It will be thick as the picture shows, so make sure to spread it evenly all over including the corners.
 
 
Bake for 17 to 20 minutes.  You want it to be moist and not too dry.  Go for a lower cooking time to make these really fudgy!
 
 
Let them cool completely then cut and enjoy!  You can even put them in the refrigerator to help this process along.  I also think they cut best with a plastic knife.  No refined flour so these are gluten free, and no refined sugar so they are much healthier.  Now that's a great dessert!

1 comment:

  1. Oh I made these and they're wonderful! I like coconut flour, but you're right - it doesn't seem to be one you can use universally. But, when it works.. it is terrific.

    ReplyDelete