Sunday, May 11, 2014

Chocolate Avocado Pudding


 
I want you to listen closely as you look at this picture and tell me if you hear angels singing?  Do you hear them?  I do!!  This is one of those recipes that, I think, is angelically good.  I had seen similar recipes for avocado pudding and read the rave reviews, but was optimistically skeptical.  I anticipated a somewhat passable pudding that you could be proud of nutritionally and learn to think of as a good processed free pudding alternative.  I had read a few reviews that people hated it so I didn't want to expect too much.  Boy were they wrong, it was terrific!  I'm not sure why someone wouldn't like it.  I changed my version a bit to fit my tastes and guidelines and also to make it deliciously simple.  I hope this doesn't disappoint.  It's one of our new family favorites!

2 avocados
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 cup honey
1/8 tsp. salt

Put everything in a food processor (I used my mini) and turn it on!  That's it, so simple.  The kids loved it and the first thing my husband said was it tastes like creamy chocolate frosting.  Guess what's going to be on our next cake?  You can eat this immediately or store it in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.  This makes about 4 small servings, but you could easily double it to make more.


No comments:

Post a Comment